Camalodunum Lodge 660

 

Banner

 

                 

 

 

History

The Lodge was constituted as No 938 The Camalodunum Lodge on the 25th January 1856, to meet in the Talbot Hotel, New Malton.

Lodge Building

Within a short period it was decided to move to permanent premises and so moved to our present home. On the 16th July 1863 the Lodge was informed that it would henceforth stand on the register of Grand Lodge as No 660.

Our lodge is quite small but is one of the most beautiful. The floor is an exquisite tiled one and as far as we know, the only one of its type in existence.

We have over 60 members and prospective new members are always welcome to apply for membership by contacting the secretary. email

Charity

Freemasons are taught to practice charity and to care, not only for their own, but also for the community as a whole, both by charitable giving, and by voluntary efforts and works as individuals. Malton Masons are no exceptions.

From its earliest days, Freemasonry has been concerned with the care of orphans, the sick and the aged. This work continues today. In addition, large sums are given to national and local charities. Since 1981, more than £30 million has been given to non-Masonic charitable causes.

Masonic charity is exercised at every level, individual Lodges make gifts and give aid to their own communities and every Province provides support to local causes. Last year alone the four charities allocated £23m in charitable support to their many beneficiaries.

Nationally, our efforts are channelled through four main Masonic charity organisations, they are:

The Grand Charity 

The Royal Masonic Trust for Girls and Boys 

The Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution 

The Masonic Samaritan Fund 

 

Awaiting UGLE Charter Mark


 

PGL

Within the Province of Yorkshire North & East Ridings

Crest